Sunday 3 February 2013

First Chapter of my Journey, Jaamgarh and Meergarh

This is my first real traveling post so i thought that why shouldn't I begin my traveling journey with my hometown. A lot of people don't know about District Bahawal Nagar and they certainly dont know that Bahwal Nagar District is one of the biggest districts of Punjab province in Pakistan. Well I should tell you that it is my home town and i love it.
2 years back I visited its one of the most beautiful and deserted historical places Forts of Jaamgarh and Meergarh. Infact these are the series of forts including Fort Abbas , Fort Meergarh , Fort Jaamgarh , Fort Marot etc. A lot of people don't even know their names.
These places are about 100-110 kms away from the Bahawal Nagar city. On my way to these forts I didn't see much population and specially any civilization around the forts.
But i did find a small friend. It collided with us and we gave him water and first aid :p


There is only one road which leads to these forts.
I must say that it was one lonely road in a lonely desert.
Believe me it is hot there so don't make a mistake like me and use sunscreen lotion :p


After a long journey we reached our destination and we had the first glimpse of Fort of Jaamgarh. Such a big structure in the middle of  unforgiving desert.

Jaam Garh Fort

Due to lack of government's attention it is converted into ruins but it is worth seeing.
I was sad to see its condition. Years of extreme weather has taken its toll on its walls but still its walls tell their own stories.



After visiting Jaamgarh I headed towards my next destination and after about 10-15 km I reached there.
Meergarh is a bigger and more beautiful fort than Jaamgarh.

Meer Garh Fort

Due to lack of attention it is also converted into ruins but it still looks beautiful. By seeing its marvellous buliding you can imagine how beautiful it used to be.



I don't know why but I sent a lot of time in this fort. I had a plan to see other forts of Marot and Mojgarh but I was tired and  it was a long trip. So after visiting these forts I decided to travel back to home.
I hope you have enjoyed this article.

1 comment :

Submit Link Web Directory